Delight your guests this fall with this super simple, pumpkin-shaped cheese ball.
Hot tip: Use Costco's Everything Seasoned Bagel Chips for dipping!
16 oz cream cheese
1.5 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons minced onion
2 tablespoons of salsa
2 tablespoons of ground cumin
1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
2 cups of Penny Panko crumbs
Green bell pepper (or jalapeno)
Rubber bands / hair bands
Crackers for dipping
- With a mixer, blend 16 ounces room-temperature cream cheese with 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar, 3 tablespoons minced onion, 2 tablespoons salsa, 2 teaspoons ground cumin and 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno.
- Scoop onto plastic wrap and use the wrap to form the mixture into a 5-inch pumpkin-shaped ball
- Wrap 3 rubber bands diagonally across the wrapped ball to make the indentations
- Chill at least 2 hours
- Before serving, unwrap cheese ball carefully and roll in Penny Panko crumbs
- Press a pepper stem into the top
Recipe derived from The Food Network.