Simple, Most Versatile Quiche Recipe
…and the only one you’ll ever need. This recipe can be thrown together in minutes and about an hour later - viola! Breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even dinner is served. Guests will be dying to know your secret ingredient - Penny Panko! Whether you choose to let them in on your secret or not, this recipe is sure to keep them coming back for more!
- 1 premade pie crust (or make your own if you’re feeling fancy)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 packed cups fresh spinach (or sub in 2 cups of any chopped veggies you have on hand such as peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk (sub in some half and half for a richer texture)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped (optional)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or sub for goat cheese, mozzarella, or whatever cheese you have on hand!)
- ½ cup Penny Panko (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare pie shell (prebake per package directions).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add vegetables and saute until spinach is wilted or whatever veggies you’re using are soft. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together until combined. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, cheese, spinach/veggies, salt, pepper, and ¼ cup of the Penny Panko.
- Pour into the warm pie shell.
- Top with remaining ¼ cup Penny Panko.Whisk the eggs and milk together until combined.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until the center is just set. You can use a pie crust shield to prevent the edges from over browning.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Can be served warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers…if there are any!